Thursday, October 11, 2007

I should be napping...

So, as I was flipping through radio stations on my way home, I found one that had a church sermon on it. Curious as to what this church/pastor was saying I stopped and listened to the station for about 10 in that ten minutes, the program was broken up into these sections:

  • 2 minutes of sermon (it was at the end)
  • 5 minutes or more of telling listeners their name, address, phone number, website, PO Box number, how to find their church in Vancouver, how to give, telling people that they should really give, reminding listeners of their phone number, name, address, website, how to give, and so on. (they made sure to end with "thank you for your prayers and gifts, you have made it possible")
  • 3 minutes of commercials, (the two that stuck in my mind were: one that told women how they could looked SO MUCH better by using a face cream to make wrinkles "vanish" in twelve hours. The other one was from a pro-life clinic that is open right next to an abortion clinic - they needed $69,000 to keep their clinic open for two days a week, so that young girls can have the chance to save their baby's life. But if they didn't get enough money "soon" then they would have to close their doors.)


So, let me get this straight...out of a ten minute segment of this station, I got 2 minutes of God's word, and 8 minutes of getting money??? (remember, people pay to advertise)

What is wrong with this picture???

Brand New Radio

No comments: