Sunday, June 3, 2007

Summer Days

Well, summer is off to a...start. It's not the best summer ever, but it's not the worst either. Today I auditioned and was accepted to a brand new symphony, which will be great, but it doesn't start until September, which sucks because I wanted to play in it now! Oh well... I still have band once a week, and the new public library is a few blocks away (probably about a mile or a mile and a half or so), and I plan to spend lots of time there! I'm still looking for a job, but if I don't here from them by tomorrow, I'm going to go in and talk to them. I really really want that job!!

Living with my parents again has been interesting. I'm so used to dorm life, and life where I used to live, that I get bored a lot here. I feel a bit confined in our apartment, and since I don't have my own car, I can't just head out for an adventure without checking with my parents first...something that has come as a bit of a culture shock. It'll be fine, I'm sure I'll find something to do.

Anyone got any book suggestions?


Oh! And any string players interested in playing in a symphony in the Portland area should let me know - the group I just joined is in desperate need of you!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Dictionary!!!! It's a Hoot!!!

Congratulation on making it into the Symphony... YAY!!!!!

I have to ask my parents too... don't worry... it's sorta manageable.... a little...