Sunday, July 1, 2007

Wedding!

I just got back from an amazing wedding! The bride and groom go to my church and I am so happy for them! The entire wedding was so classy, and by some miracle all the bridesmaids looked terrific in their dresses! I totally almost lost it and bawled like a kid during the ceremony, and again during the father daughter dance. Laura, the bride, gave her promise ring to her husband, thanking him for never pressuring her or putting her in a position that would compromise their commitment to purity. (That's when I started to tear up.) Also, dancing at the wedding was great, and not the scary ordeal that my dad seems to make of it (I think he threatened my sister with bodily harm if she was going to have dancing at her wedding), which I suppose means he has two rather large left feet. :)

However, there is always some sort of letdown after a big get-together, and this wedding was no exception. I always get a little sad after weddings, because no matter how happy I am for the bride and groom, I know that I don't have someone to go home to. However, I loved seeing all my friends from church, and getting to know new friends!

*sigh* ...so wonderful!!

No comments: