Monday, July 30, 2007

The height of geekdom

People totally take me by surprise. I have never met a person who at some time or another hasn't knocked me completely on my head, thus changing the way I see them. Today I started my new job, and I was totally freaked out. For the first five minutes I wanted to bang my head against the wall and crawl into a courner and cry. But, after working with the gal who was training me, (someone I hadn't put a whole lot of faith in during those first few minutes), explained everything so well, was so nice, introduced me to practically everyone that walked by, and knew the job so well that I wanted to hug her, and I can't wait to work with her again!

Also today, I was glancing through the mini-feed on facebook, and I started reading some blogs that one of my acquaintances had been writing in. I have only had a couple classes with this person, and I always walked away from them thinking that they were a jerk, who didn't have an intelligent thought in their head, and that life was perfect for them. Reading their blogs was such an eye opener, and I feel like I should apologize to them for putting them into a box that they didn't belong in...Or at least give them a hug.

I spent most of yesterday with one of my good friends, and I really unloaded all the crap I'd been carrying around with me on her. She was so sweet, talking things through with me, encouraging me, and loving me as I am. I have a hard time being myself around people, and I'm working on changing that, and hanging out with her yesterday really boosted my confidence. I'm always surprised when people like the "real me," and I'm not really sure why...but yesterday was so awesome, and I'm SO glad I got to go!!!

So, yeah. The more I think about it, the more people pleasantly surprise me, which is totally cool.



...and I like my new job, even though it's the height of geekdom.

No comments: