Friday, May 25, 2007

Pooped!!

I've been spending the last few days helping out with a music conference at my school, and I must say I've never worked so hard for practically no money. My days are so long, with almost no breaks, except for the ones I get while listening to the ensemble practice, in fact I only have about 5 mins to write this; I'm on my lunch break.

This week has been totally worth it, though, and I'm so glad I'm here. All the high schoolers are awesome (ok, not all, but most of them) and I've loved watching a different conductor teach and I can't wait to steal his ideas! The orchestra has been working so hard, and they are starting to sound killer! They are playing West Side Story, an Elgar and Sibelius' Finlandia. It is going to sound great! In fact, Edward Elgar is becoming one of my favorite composers, though I don't know if I will ever be able to forgive him for writing Pomp and Circumstance...I hate that song with a passion!

Well, I've got to go, high schoolers need me!

No comments: