Friday, May 11, 2007

Juries suck.

I'm not talking about the kind of juries that try cases in a court of law, which are really cool if you think about it. No, I am talking about the unjustified monstrosity forced upon all music majors and minor at my school.

It is essentially a final for private lessons, but it is much worse than even the most difficult final. You walk onto the stage of the auditorium in front of all the music faculty, and many of the private lessons instructors. They sit there with their higher education and doctorates in music and stare at you while you play the piece you have been preparing for the entire semester, (which you royally botch, by the way) and then tell you you should have practiced more. Your piano player abandons you on stage as the faculty demand that you play minor scales, and then at least one etude.


Ok, ok, it's not really as bad as I make it out to be, but juries suck. And now I have to go and see if it's going to be as bad as I think it will be.

Oh joy.

(By the way, did anyone else watch the office last night???? Talk about amazing!!!!!!!!!!)


*UPDATE* As of 2:20 my jury was over, and it didn't suck as much as I thought it was. In fact, it went fairly well. I guess I can't be right all the time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... at least it's over, yeh?