Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thank you!

Today, the last customer that I waited on was a man who spoke almost no english at all. I have to say that I was completely embarrassed that the little spanish I've retained over the many, many years. Nothing made much sense, on either side, and I'm sure I said something like "I can wants another like this?"

I seemed to have the worst luck with Spanish teachers growing up. The one I had in high school taught me nothing, and the professor I had in college taught me...well, next to nothing. Specifically, we were not taught the everyday words that I needed today. However, I must have picked something up because I was able to help that customer using phrases like "I'm sorry my spanish is so awful."

To my teachers: thank you so much for all your help. I'm sure being able to accurately ask where the big kitchen is, tell him I have one sister, or tell him that the color of my crayon was indeed red would've been helpful and made his day a bit better, had it come up in our conversation.

Oh well.

No comments: