Monday, April 16, 2007

Song of the Week

So, if I have a book of the week, why not a song? This week's song is "And It Stoned Me" by Van Morrison. A song I'd like to think is not about drugs, but I'm a bit naive. It is an incredible song, so a reason that I can't figure out for the life of me. Why do I like this song so much? Who knows. This song is found on the ever popular CD "Moondance" (if you have not listened to it, you are missing out!). Moondance captures the essence of Van Morrison, and while "And It Stoned Me" is not the definitive Van song, it is one of my favorites. Listen for the simple, yet engaging guitar solo in the middle of the song. And the horns add something to the music that makes it complete.

It is also very easy to play, as you will find from the tabs, though they don't have the right lyrics.

I hope you get a chance to listen to it this week!

No comments: