Sunday, October 26, 2008

Spring Awakening!!!

Let me just say that when my friend started talking to me about getting student rush tickets for a musical I had never heard of, I was a bit indifferent about going. I didn't really care because I'm hoping to see more musicals and plays soon.

Now, I can't imagine my life without seeing this play. My friends and I got tickets ON STAGE!! They were the cheap seats!!!! I couldn't believe it. We were literally sitting with the cast around us. We could touch them (though we were told we would get thrown out if we talked to, touched, or poked the actors). To let you see where I was, here is a picture of the stage and where I was:

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah. You're jealous.

Here's some more pics, because it was so awesome!

Completely and totally one of the best performances I have ever seen. Now, I haven't seen all that many musicals, but I have seen enough plays, symphony concerts, and band concerts to choke a horse, and I have never seen actors as young as this perform as well as they did. Completely professional, completely prepared, they were better than many seasoned acting troupes that I have seen. Some were still in high school, and some were in their twenties, but all were amazing. Tonight was closing night in Portland, but they will be in California for 6 weeks I think, and if you can see it, GO! And ask for the tickets on the stage - it is completely worth it!!

No comments: